Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once our team has finished the inspection and damage assessment step, the next step is the water extraction. With this step, our crew will begin by removing the majority of the water. Our SERVPRO of Arlington Heights/Prospect Heights team uses advanced and powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuums that quickly and efficiently removes water from your home or business. Our SERVPRO team understands that there is never a convenient time for water damage to strike your Arlington Heights, IL property and is dedicated to always being there to help make your water damage seem "Like it never even happened."
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Arlington Heights / Prospect Heights can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.