Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When your home or business suffers from water damage, it is important to know who to call for your emergency restoration needs! SERVPRO of Arlington Heights/Prospect Heights is highly trained and experienced in water damage cleanup and restoration and uses advanced technology and equipment to properly locate and remove moisture from your property. Suffering from water damage can be very confusing and stressful, SERVPRO of Arlington Heights/Prospect Heights is always on standby and ready to help!
Down below you will find a list of do's and don'ts to consider until our SERVPRO help arrives on the scene.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (847) 637-3445
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.